Cal-Miser Series S
High Performance, Energy Efficient Furnaces for Die Casters
Cal-Miser gas-fired aluminum holding furnaces are available in six standard models with bath sizes from 1600-lb. to 3800-lb. to meet the metal requirements for a variety of die-casting machines. All Cal-Miser furnaces feature a self-contained compact design with all mechanical components enclosed in one cabinet.
Cal-Miser furnaces are designed to keep your die-casting operations running smoothly. Design features that improve performance and production include:
- Direct heat application to melt a full charge without changing the metal properties.
- Microprocessor-based digital temperature controller and variable blower speed to maintain constant temperatures.
- Reduced surface area to reduce oxidation, increasing quality and decreasing scrap.
- Self-contained system, requiring only an electrical power source and gas feed.
- Compact design so furnaces can be easily moved as needed to meet production requirements.
- Adjustable height for optimum positioning with each die-casting machine.
- Dip out positions on either side of the furnace for staff and production flexibility.
- Three standard holding wells with optional sizes available to configure the furnaces for your specific needs.
- Separate tapout/drain for each holding well in order to easily change alloys or shutdown the furnace.
Side-by-side comparisons of Cal-Miser furnaces with other units over more than 30 years of operations show energy reductions of up to 75%, depending on the type and age of the other equipment.
- Cal-Miser’s design directly heats the alloy, reducing energy consumption due to heat loss compared with refractory systems.
- Digital temperature control and variable blower speed ensure the minimum amount of energy is needed for required temperatures.
Maintenance and Reliability
Cal-Miser furnaces can cut your maintenance costs while offering long-term reliability. Our simplified design with all mechanical components enclosed in one cabinet helps prevent problems from happening.
- Cabinet design keeps dust out of the mechanical components.
- Daily maintenance is limited to a once-per-shift inspection and skimming.
- Automatic pilot relighting system to return the furnace to its preset temperature if the electricity is interrupted. This is especially valuable if the power outage occurs overnight or during the weekend.
- No wetting of furnace walls and lining with molten aluminum.
- No build-up on walls with normal use and attention.
- Entire lining and insulation replaceable at reasonable cost.